Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Where'd the time go?

Hi there! It's been a while... sorry about that! I feel like last time I looked it was the 4th of July. Now, it's the end of July. I can't say that I've been relaxing the past few weeks because I haven't! I figured today was a good day to get caught up on blogging. I got in a car accident this morning and am way more sore than I anticipated I'd be. If my car, Zippy, could talk I'm sure she'd say shes sore too! So as I sit here eating candy corn (yes, Stop & Shop had candy corn out already and yes, I just hadddd to buy some) I'm trying to remember everything I've been up too!

Well the good news is I've just about finished my sight word rings. So expect a post about how I'm going to use them and other things sight words pretty soon. I've tried to start diving into my curriculum materials. However, until I find the ultimate teacher planner I've tried to hold off. The search for a planner is one of the most difficult things I've done!! I'm VERY picky and want things an exact way. I purchased a planner at a teaching store in Myrtle Beach back in April. However after further review.. I don't think it'll work... Every planner I've found after that I've also found something wrong with. The other half of the problem is I don't want to drop $50 on a planner...

Besides the planner debacle I've been working on leveling all of my books! The teacher that I took over for left me tons of books so before I start on those I want to finish the massive piles I have at home! Not only am I leveling them according to DRA level I'm making a spreadsheet. This way, I know every title, level, author and how many copies I have of every book in my library. Yes, it is super time consuming. But, I'm sure it'll pay off in the end.
 I have a ton of books that don't show up on The Scholastic Bookwizard . Either the book itself or the DRA level. Any suggestions?? 

I'm going to try to keep up with blogging but I can't make any promises! School starts in a little over a month & I need to make sure I'm ready for all my kiddos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment