Friday, July 11, 2014

Fantastic Friday

Happy Friday!

Today has been a whirlwind. I was able to get my curriculum materials from my principal today! I have tons of beach reading now! Thankfully my school uses Envisions and I've been lucky enough to be exposed during student teaching. At least there is one thing I'll be comfortable with! 

I was also able to see my room for the first time! This was a surprise, I didn't think I'd be able to see it for another few weeks. It's not cleaned yet, but I LOVE IT!! I'm at the beginning of the hallway and have another new teacher next to me!!  The teacher I took over for left TONS of stuff for me including, books,  paper, supplies and much more. It was great to see what she had left because that's one more thing I don't need to buy! 

When I got home I realized I should really kick it into gear so that once my room is clean I can start bringing things in! I'm still working on those sight word rings.. Yes, I said still. It was a huge undertaking but I know I'll be so happy when I'm done! 



In addition to the sight word rings I've been cutting & laminating my schedule cards from The First Grade Parade. They're so cute and have pretty much every task I could need! 

In between laminating, cutting & printing I HAD to make a trip to Target's dollar spot. I kept seeing all my teacher friends posting about their fabulous finds. Well I can say from personal experience, it was AWESOME!! Here's a picture of what I got. They had tons more including personal pocket charts but I just couldn't figure out what I'd use those for.. if you have any ideas please let me know! I'd love to find a use! 


No comments:

Post a Comment