Monday, June 30, 2014

Sight Words

Since my car is in the shop today I can't go to the beach. It's beautiful out, about 88 degrees. I decided I'd use this time to work on my sight word assessments and word rings.

Here's my plan - 

I've made three different color coded folders. Blue for grade 1 sight words, yellow for primer and green for pre-primer. Each folder has a sight word assessment for each kiddo. Then, I've made word rings with the corresponding colors. 


These will be given after the assessments. Each student will get words according to their level. The blue words (grade 1) won't be given out unless a student is struggling with the words that we're working on whole class. The green and yellow words will be changed weekly, or as often as the student feels comfortable. I'll start out sending 3 - 5 words home a week and asking parents to review them daily. On Friday I'll review the words with the kids during reading!

It's been taking a lot longer than I was thinking it would. Between running out of colored paper, black ink and laminating pouches I'm thinking it will be another two weeks before I finish. 

This is a sneak preview and I'll post a final picture when everything is done!



No comments:

Post a Comment