Wednesday, June 25, 2014

End of June

Oh my gosh! It's been SO busy around here. I don't even know where to begin.

Let's start here...
I got to meet with my first grade team (minus one teacher) for next year! I went in and shadow all of the teachers for a day. It was fun. I saw some things that I thought were AWESOME ideas and can't wait to get started! I got to see both of the classrooms that I may be in. My principal isn't sure yet but as soon as I saw the rooms my mind started spinning! So many great ideas. 

After that I got an email asking if I'd like to mail a welcome letter out to my new kiddos as well as a supply list. This was both exciting and scary. I worked on my letter for hours. I wanted to sound excited, but not immature, confident but not pushy and finding a balance was tough. I Googled tons of samples and took different aspects from each letter. In the end, I think they'll love the letter! As far as supplies go - this was the hardest thing. I'm sure I forgot something, but hey! what can you do? I also rememberd supply shopping with my parents. I can hear my dad saying "REALLY?? How much for a notebook??" and I tried to keep that in mind...Here's everything I included on my list. I tried to cover all possible bases but of course I'm hoping some families will continue to donate supplies the whole year! 


-2 boxes of #2 pencils
- 2 highlighters (1 must be yellow)
- 4 pack of expo markers
-2 boxes of tissues
-2 containers of disinfecting wipes 
- 1 box of baby wipes
- 5 pocket folders
- 2 boxes of crayons
-a colored pen (not blue or black)
- 1 inch binder
- pocket dividers
- document sleeves
-pencil top erasers
-2 primary composition notebooks
- scissors
- headphones
- 5 glue sticks
- sandwich bags
- hands wipes
- crayola washable markers  

What else have I been doing? Today I made some CVC card games. The kids will take a word and read it. If they can they get to keep it, if they can't they put it back. If a student pulls a "SPLAT!" card they have to put all of their words back. 

Other than that I've continued to make poems for each month. I'm trying to take a break from school stuff and enjoy the sun! If anything super fun happens I'll be sure to let you know! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment